Sardonyx is a variety of Chalcedony. This stone has been found in a large number of locations including Brazil, India, Germany, Uruguay, Russia and USA, but it is said that the best stone comes from India.
This stone is type of banded or striped Chalcedony, and is a mixture of Onyx and Orange Carnelian. Also known as Sardian Onyx, it may be clearly banded or have a less defined mix of colors. Typical colours – black, red, brown, clear
Sard stones have been in use since the bronze age. Many stones are a similar color to Carnelian except most are a darker orange. Sard stones were named for the ancient Turkish city named Sardis.
The meaning of the name Sardonyx relates to the fact that it is a mixture of Onyx and Sard, a type of Orange Carnelian that was well known in ancient times.
Although many people think of Onyx as being black, as the black Onyx stone is so prevalent, Onyx comes in a variety of colors and commonly in bands.
Sardonyx heals lungs and bones. It regulates fluids and cell metabolism, strengthens the immune system.
Sardonyx has many healing properties, some of them are deliberated here
- Sardonyx is a stone of strength and protection which promotes virtuous conduct also attracts friends and good fortune. This stone also gives stability to marriage and partnerships.
- Negativity is absorbed by Black sardonyx, Brown grounds energy and the red sardonyx stimulates energy.
- The stone helps to regulate fluids and metabolism of the body and especially our immune system. It also used to heal our lungs and bones.
- It has many excellent properties that motivate and encourage and strengthen our body.
- It is also used as a psychic meditation and helps to make contact with the spiritual realms, and they will help you to remain grounded.
- Sardonyx helps to ease stress, sadness and other circumstances of life. It may help you to release and assist anxiety, depression, and stress.
- This stone has many vibration and healing properties that help to attract new friendships and relationships. It also improves your close ties and to aid the thinking processes.
- It also helps in mental discipline, focus, happiness, optimism, and confidence. Other healing properties of sardonyx are luck, friendship, good fortune, romance, stamina, vigor, energy, and creativity.